हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Moat also spelled as moath are oval shape beans that can be easily found in Indian and Asian grocery stores. These are also available in most health/ organic stores. This is a highly nutritious breakfast recipe of moat sprouts for all ages. Sprouts (germinated seeds) are a good source of digestive enzymes; these are also rich in amino acids, vitamins, proteins etc. Sprouts can be easily made at home...There is a variety of delicacies made from sprouts. Here we are making a yummy sprout salad...
- Moat beans ½ cup
- Cucumber 1 medium
- Boiled potato 1 medium
- Tomato 1 medium
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped as per taste (optional)
- Lettuce, finely chopped as per taste (optional)
- Red onions, finely chopped as per taste (optional)
- Green chili 1-2
- Salt 1 tsp/ to taste
- Red chili powder ½ tsp/ to taste
- Lemon juice 2-3 tsp/ to taste
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Clean, wash and soak the moat beans overnight in enough water (about 3-4 cups).
- Transfer the soaked moat beans into a colander. When most of the water is drained, cover the colander from all the sides with a kitchen towel/ clean towel. Keep them in a warm place. Moat beans start germinating very quickly, and you will notice small sprouts germinating in a couple of hours in summers and in about 6-7 hours in winters. If you want longer sprouts keep them for longer time period (may be one/ two days depending on the weather). Do not forget to wash the seeds twice a day in summers so that no infection develops.
- Moat sprouts are ready to use.
- Peel, and chop the boiled potato. Remove the stem, wash, and finely chop the green chili.
- Wash, peel and chop the cucumber finely. Wash and chop tomato finely.
- In a bowl take, moat sprouts, all the chopped veggies, green chili and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Delicious and nutrious moat sprout salad is ready to serve. You canserve it with any mels. It taste very good with dal chawal (lentils and rice).
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can add more veggies in this salad as per taste.
- In winters, keep the soaked beans close to heating duct or radiator to make sprouts.
- Diabetic readers can omit potatos in this recipe.