Matar ki Ghugni
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a green peas preparation. Matar ki ghugni is my mother’s recipe. She used to make it very often in winters when bazaar is filled with fresh green pea pods. Ginger is a key ingredient for this recipe as it helps in digestion. Try out this delicious delicacy from UP in the winter season.
- Green Peas 2½ cups
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Green chili 2-3
- Ginger 2 inch piece
- Cumin seeds 1½ tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1¼ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 1½ tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Wash the green peas and leave on the strainer to remove the extra water.
- Peel, wash and finely chop the potatoes. Wash again and leave on the strainer to remove the extra water.
- Remove the stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies. Peel, wash and finely chop the ginger.
- In a wok heat oil. Add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida, chopped green chilies, and ginger. Mix well and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add green peas and chopped potatoes and mix well. Fry peas and potatoes for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well. Now cover the lid and cook until peas and potatoes are tender. It takes about 8-10 minutes to cook the peas.
- Now add garam masala. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander.
Delicious ghugni is ready to serve. Serve in between the meals as a snack or with the meals.
More dry vegetables recipes
More Snacks and Starters recipe