Chana Sprout Salad
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Sprouts are germinated seeds. Sprouts are tremendous source of digestive enzymes; they are also rich in amino acids, vitamins, proteins etc. The sprouts can be easily made at home. This is a delicious black gram sprout salad preparation. Sprouts can be an ideal breakfast, but can be served anytime ....
Black/ Bengal gram ½ cup
Cucumber 1 medium
- Boiled potato 1
- Tomato 1 medium
- Green chili 1-2
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- salt 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
Chopped onions can also be added if you like.
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak the black/ bengal gram overnight in two cups of water.
To make sprouts
- Remove the water from the soaked black gram, and keep them in the warm place in the soup sieve by covering it with a clean towel for a day. It start germinating in 10-12 hours and it also depends on the weather . Chana/ gram seeds takes longer time than moong to germinate. Do not forget to wash the seeds twice a day to avoid any infection. Tip : In winters, keep them close to heating duct or radiator.
Sprouted gram seeds
- Wash, peel off and chop the cucumber finely. Wash and chop tomato finely. Peel off boiled potato and chop finely.
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chili.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Chana sprout salad is ready to serve.
This salad can be served in the morning breakfast, with the meals or in between the meals.
Some Other Healthy and Delicious Salads