हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Broccoli is a green vegetable, rich in dietary fibers, vitamin B6, Vitamin A, minerals and also omega3 fatty acids. Broccoli belongs to the same family as cauliflower and cabbage. Here we are making a very simple yet delicious and of course healthy appetizer with broccoli. I have used oven to make this dish, however it can be made in the barbeque, or even on gas stove. I have served oven roasted broccoli with hummus (a chickpeas spread). You can also serve it with thick mint raita. Try this healthy preparation and please do share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Broccoli, cut into bite size florets, cut the stem also
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- handful,fresh basil leaves /2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- red chili flakes as per taste
- black pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
- In a big bowl take olive oil. Mix in basil, oregano, salt, red chili flakes, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add broccoli florets and coat the florets with olive oil mixture. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven at 425°F .
- Grease a baking tray.
- Arrange the broccoli florets on the tray.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until broccoli changes the color.
- Crunchy, roasted broccoli is ready. Transfer in a serving plate and serve crunchy roasted broccoli with hummus or with your favorite dip.