Mughlai Mirch (chili)
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
These royal peppers are so yummy. The rich filling of potatoes and paneer makes this dish special and even kids like to try it. I have used home grown sweet peppers for this dish but if you do not find this particular variety use small bell pepper (capscium/ shimla mirch). Try it out and do not forget to share your thoughts……
(makes about 24 stuffed chilies)
Home grown Sweet peppers
- Sweet Pepper/ small bell pepper 250 gms
- Boiled potatoes 2 medium
- Paneer about ½ cup
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Salt ¾ tsp
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 ½ tbspp
Method of preparation
- Wash the peppers. Pat them dry on the kitchen paper/ towel.
- Cut a slit vertically in the middle of pepper without cutting it into two parts. Remove the seeds and white rib from the pepper. Repeat for all the peppers.
- Peel off the potatoes and mash them thoroughly. Mash paneer. Now mix all the spices and salt into mashed potatoes and paneer. Add chopped coriander leaves as well.
- Open the slit of the pepper and fill the above mixture. Repeat with all the peppers.
- In a wok heat oil, and put all the stuffed peppers. Fry for a minute. Now reduce the heat and cook until the peppers get tender ( takes about 8-10 minutes).
Delicious stuffed Mughlai Mirch is ready to serve. These stuffed peppers go very well with paratha, naan, dal-chawal etc..
You can also use capscium (shimla mirch) for this recipe.
Some Other Dry Vegetables Recipes