Gobhi Aloo/ Gobhi Matar Aloo
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cauliflower is called as Gobhi in Hindi and potato is called as aloo. This is a very famous dish all over the world. Gobhi Aloo is a landmark in Indian in cooking; as in ‘Bend it like Beckham’ , the mother demands her daughter to learn to make Aloo Gobhi. This is a delicious preparation and can be served with any of the Indian breads. Gobhi aloo is very easy to make north Indian delicacy. Please try this recipe and do share your valuable comments. Shuchi
- Cauliflower 1 medium
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Green peas ¾ cups, I have used frozen peas
- Ginger 1 ½ inch
- Green chilies 2
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida ¼ tsp
- Salt 1¼ tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Amchur powder 1 tsp
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Cut and wash the cauliflower florets and pat dry on the kitchen paper.
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into one and a half inch pieces.
- Wash the green peas and keep aside.
- Peel , wash, and finely grate the ginger. Remove the
stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- In the wok/skillet heat oil on medium heat . Add cumin seeds. When seeds change the color add asafoetida. Reduce the heat and add grated ginger and chopped chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, cauliflower florets and potato pieces. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Add salt, red chili powder and half of the coriander powder . Mix well and cover the lid . Cook on
low heat until cauliflower and potatoes get tender. (Takes about 12-15 minutes)
- Add green peas, and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Aadd rest of the coriander powder, dry mango powder
(amchoor powder), and garam masala. Fry the vegetable for a couple of minutes. Be careful while frying the vegetables so they don't mash up.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well, and turn off the
Delocious cauliflower and potato vegetable (gobhi aloo) is ready.
Serve with any Indian breads. You can also serve it with Plain Paratha or with Poori.
- I have used frozen peas, which are mostly half boiled. If you are using fresh green peas, add them with other vegetables.
- Increase the amout of green chilies as per taste. When my kids were babies I used to add whole green chilies so it was easier to sepatrate out after the cooking.
- You can also add a chopped tomato in gobhi matar aloo preparation for a change.
More dry vegetables recipes