इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Til (Sesame) twist is a delicious dessert preparation. This dish is very tasty and healthy. Making these twists is easy and quick. Try out this delicious dessert in this winter festive season…..
(makes about 20 twists)
- White sesame (safed til) ¾ cup
Cashew nuts ¼ cups
Jaggery, grated ¾ cup
- Water 2 tbsp
- Ghee 1½ tsp
Method of preparation
- Grease a tray/ dish. Keep aside. You can also keep a butter paper on top of the tray.
- Dry roast the white sesame till light brown (takes about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool down.
- Dry roast the cashew nuts for a couple of minutes.
- Grind the sesame seeds in the mortar or grinder. We need absolutely coarse sesame.
Keep 1/4 cup ground sesame aside for rolling the twists.
- Grind the cashew nuts in the mortar or grinder. We need absolutely coarse cashews.
Roasted Sesame (saphed til) ground sesame and cashews
- In a non stick wok boil water, and add jagerry. Now let the jaggery completely melt in the water. Add ghee, mix well and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now add ground sesame and cashews. Mix well, and cook for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
jaggery syrup ground sesame and cashews in the syrup
- Transfer the cooked mixture on the greased tray.
- Spread out the mixture evenly with a rolling pin. Let it cool down.
ground sesame and cashews in the syrup spreaded mixture of cashew and sesame
- Now cut about an inch and a half square pieces. Roll the pieces to give a shape of a roll.
- Roll on dry roasted and ground sesame.
Delicious til twists are ready to use.
Tips / Some Suggestions:
You can also use almonds instead of cashew nuts.
Some other dessert recipes.