Spinach Corn Curry
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Spinach corn curry is an easy to make delicious and healthy curry. Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants; it is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, E, etc. Spinach is also a good source of folic acid. I have used frozen corn kernels for this curry. Try out this awesome curry and as always do not forget to share your comments......
- Spinach 1 bunch/ 300 gms
- Corn kernels 1cups
- Green chilies 2
- Onion 1 medium
- Tomato 1 medium
- Ginger 1"piece
- Cumin seeds ½ tsp
- Whole red chilies 2
- Salt ½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Lemon juice to taste
- Ghee/ oil 2 tbsp
To boil the spinach:
- Water 1 cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar ¼ tsp
Method of preparation
Remove the thick stems of spinach leaves and wash them thoroughly. Do not discard the young and tender stems.
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan with ¼ tea spoon salt and ¼ tea spoon sugar (to maintain the green color). Blanch the spinach for couple of minutes. Transfer the spinach in the colander and let the boiled leaves cool down.
- Remove the stem and wash the green chilies.
- Make a coarse paste of spinach leaves and green chilies. Make sure the paste is coarse (do not overgrind).
coarsely ground spinach
- Peel , wash, and finely chop the onions. Peel , wash and finely chop the ginger. Wash, and finely chop the tomato.
- I have used frozen corn kernels. If using fresh kernels, boiul them until they get tender.
- Heat a non stick wok. Add ghee/ butter/ oil. Add cumin seeds, when cumin changes the color add red chili. Fry for a few seconds and add chopped onions. Fry onions until they are golden (takes about 4 minutes). Add ginger. Fry for a few seconds and add chopped tomatoes, and salt. Fry until it leaves the sides of the wok.
- Add corn kernels. Mix well and fry for a minute.
after adding corn kernels
- Add coarse paste of spinach. Cook well for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala and cook for another minute.
- Now turn off the heat. Add lemon juice.
Delicious and healthy spinach corn curry is ready. Serve spinach corn curry with roti/ naan and rice.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
You can also add some fresh cream to make restaurant style thick and creamy curry.
If you do not eat onions make this curry without using onion.
Do not overcook the spinach, as overcooking will not only fade the color of the greens, but also affect the taste adversely.
Some Other spinach delicacies
Some other Curry preparation