Spinach rice is a delicious as well as a healthy rice delicacy. Spinach is a good source of zinc along with vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Boiled Rice 4 cups
- Spinach 1 bunch (about 250 gms)
- Green chilies 2
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Ghee/oil 1 ½ tbsp
Method of preparation
- Remove the stem, wash and split the green chilies.
- Remove the thick stems, wash and finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida, green chili and chopped spinach. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add boiled rice, salt, red chili powder, and lemon juice; mix well . Sauté for 2-4 minutes.
Serve with the Raita of your taste.
Tip: If you are in a hurry use frozen spinach instead of fresh leaves.