इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a breakfast dish. Poha is made with beaten rice with vegetables and mildly flavored with spices. This is a low fat Gujarati dish perfect for breakfast.
- Thick beaten rice/poha 1 ½ cup
- Green peas ¼ cups
- Potato 1 medium
- Onion 1 medium
- Green chili 2
- Oil 1½ tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1½ tsp
- curry leaves 6-8
- Turmeric ¼ tsp (optional)
- Salt 1½ tsp or to taste
- Gram masala ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 1 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts 1 tbsp for garnishing
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the beaten rice. Soak them in the water for 5 minutes. Remove the water and leave the poha on the strainer.
- Peel off potato, wash and cut into small pieces. Peel off the onion, wash and chop finely.
- Remove the stem of green chili, wash and chop finely.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil, add mustard seeds when seeds stop crackling add curry leaves. Fry for few seconds, now add onion and green chili and fry untill translucent (takes 2-3 minutes). If you are adding turmeric add now.
- Add chopped potatoes & peas, fry for a minute, add ½ tea spoon of salt, mix well and cook until tender. Add a little water if needed.( takes about 5-7minutes).
- Now add sugar, remaining salt, and garam masala. Mix well and wait till sugar has completely melted.
- Add in soaked beaten rice and mix well with the cooked veggies. Cover the lid and cook the poha for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add lemon juice and mix well. Poha is ready.
Garnish with coriander leaves and peanuts.
Hot poha is ready to serve.
For change you can also add chopped tomatoes in poha . In that case cut the amount of lemon juice.
Poha without turmeric powder
Some Other Snacks and Starters Recipes