इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Peanuts are good source of Protein; they are rich in magnesium, copper and iron too. And makhane (puffed eurale ferox) are rich in carbohydrate. A very simple recipe to make phalahari bhel at home with nice combination of crispies. Note that this recipe does not contain Bhel or Layya - which is the base of bhel-puri ! Since usual grains like rice are not eaten in vrat, therefore we are making a bhel without bhel!
- Raw peanuts ¾ cups
- Puffed euryale ferox 2 cups
- Sendha Namak (rock salt) 1 tsp
- Green chilies 2
- Boiled Potatoes 2 medium
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Oil/ghee 2½ tsp
Method of preparation
- Heat 1½ tsp oil/ghee in a skillet, add peanuts. Fry peanuts on medium heat till they stop spluttering and are dark red in color. Takes about 10 minutes. Keep the aside.
- Now in the same skillet heat about 1 tsp ghee/ oil, add makhane (puffed eurayle ferox ) . Fry till makhane are crisp. Takes about 2-3 minutes. keep aside to cool down.
- Peel off the boiled potatoes, and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash, remove the stem and finely chop the green chilies.
- In a bowl take roasted peanuts, makhane, potatoes, sendha salt, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves , mix them well . Now add lemon juice and mix well again.
- Phalahari bhel is ready to serve.
Serve immediately the crispy, phalahari bhel.
Raw peanuts and Makhane (puffed eurayle ferox) are easily available in Indian stores, though I haven’t seen them in local supermarkets.
click here for more Fast( vrat/ upwas) recipes