Rotini with Vegetables
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Rotini is a helix or corkscrew shaped pasta. This pasta dish is a very nutritious as it has veggies in it and it is seasoned with red chili flakes which provide an additional zing. Try out this hot pasta and do not forget to write your valuable comments....
(makes 3-4 servings)
Takes 20 minutes start to finish
- Rotini pasta 125 gms/¼ pound
- Water about 4 cups to boil the pasta
- Salt 1 tsp
- Red onion 1
- Broccoli florets 1 cup
- Sliced carrots ½ cup
- Red Roma tomato, 1 medium
- Green olives 5-6
- Basil leaves 5-6
- Red chili flakes ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- White vinegar 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
For serving :
- Parmesan cheese ¼ cup (optional)
Method of preparation
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a big pan. Add 1 tsp salt and Rotini pasta in the boiling water.
- Boil until pasta is soft but firm. Usually it takes about 8 minutes to boil Rotini pasta. Drain lightly, pasta should remain soft.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into one inch pieces.
veggies for pasta
- Peel off, wash, and cut onion into one inch pieces.
- Wash and chop the basil leaves. (I like to tear the basil leaves by hand, instead of chopping them). If you do not find fresh basil leaves, use dried ones.
- Heat olive oil in a pan/ wok. Add onion pieces. Sauté for a couple of minutes or until onions are transluscent.
- Now add broccoli, and carrot pieces. Sauté for a couple of minutes . Now add salt, and red chili flakes. Mix well, cover the lid and cook the veggies for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Now add olives, tomatoes, and torn basil leaves. Sauté for a minute and add cooked and drained Rotini to the pan. Toss well by using 2 wooden spatulas. Now add vinegar. Mix well.
- Adjust the seasoning as per taste and turn off the heat.
Rotini pasta with veggies
Spicy Rotini with veggies is ready to serve. Add some grated Parmesan cheese on top to enhance the taste.
Parmesan is known as Parmigiano-Reggiano chesse in Italy.
The Rotini pasta I have used is made of semolina and vegetables - Orange one has carrot flavor, red has beetroot, green has spinach, and white is plain semolina pasta.
You can also use some other variety of pasta if you do not find Rotini.
Some other Italian dishes