हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Paneer Butter masala
Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular paneer delicacies all around the world. This delicious delicacy is made in rich curry of onion, tomato puree and blend of spices. It is also flavored with fresh cream. There are so many different recipe to make this curry; here I am talking about my favorite one…Paneer butter masala goes very well with all sorts of Indian breads. This is an ideal curry for parties as everybody loves it...
Ingredients (serves 4)
- paneer 250 gms
- Onion 1 medium (150gms)
- Green chilies 1-2
- Ginger 1½ inch piece
- Tomatos puree 1 cup/ 2 medium tomatoes /250 gms
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Kasoori methi 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder two pinches
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Fresh cream ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp/ to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Green coriander leaves 1 bsp chopped
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Water about 1 cup
Method of preparation:
- Peel onion, remove the skin of ginger, remove the stem of the green chilies and wash them. Roughly chop the green chilies, onion and ginger and make a fine paste in the blender. (add garlic cloves with onions as well if you wish too)
- Cut paneer into 1 inch squares. Heat a non stick pan. Grease the pan with a little butter and sauté paneer for a minute. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan/wok. Add 3 tbsp butter. When butter starts bubbling add onion paste. Fry onion paste on medium heat until it is golden brown. (takes 7-8 minutes)
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and kasoori methi (crush them between your fingers befor adding them to the wok). Fry the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and fry until it leaves the sides of the pan. (takes 3-5 minutes)
- Add fresh cream. Cook for a minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt . Take a boil. Takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar. Mix well in curry.
- Add sautéed paneer and cook for couple of minutes.
- Paneer Butter masala is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with Rotis/butter naan or with lachcha Paratha. You can also serve plain basmati rice with this rich curry.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- I do not use garlic in my cooking but if you eat garlic add it with onions to grind it./li>
- You can also add a hint of Kitchen King Masala to increase the flavor.
- I like to add a hint of sugar in rich curries as it enhances the flavor of rich curries.
- Kasoori methi is a key ingredient in this curry. Kasoori methi is dried methi (fenugreek) leaves. It can easily be found in Indian/ Asian grocery stores. Rub Kasoori methi in between your fingers to crush them. Add in masala frying as directed.
- In order to make a smooth curry you need smooth tomato puree. You can either use store bought puree or make it at hope. If you are using fresh tomatoes, grind them into absolutely fine puree.
- In order to make rich restaurant style curry add fresh cream/ cashew paste or khoya (thickened milk) . In case if you do not of any of these ingredients, add some grated paneer in the curry to enhance the flavor of the curry.