इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Namak pare are traditional deep fried savory preparation from Marwar / Rajasthan. Use wheat flour to make this delicacy healthier. Namak Pare can also be made with same dough like Mathri. Namak Pare are easy to serve and are loved by everyone. This can also be used in the preparation of bhelpoori.
- Refined flour 2 cup
- Salt ¾ tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil /ghee 4 tbsp for dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for dough
Method of preparation
- Combine the refined flour, oil, salt and ajwain. Mix them well and rub between the hands.
all purpose flour with oil.. rubbed all purpose flour with other ingredients
- Add little water at a time and knead the stiff dough. Cover the dough with the damp cloth and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 big rounds. Press them between the palms.
stiff dough 5 big balls
- Take a ball and roll it into a semi thick round of about 6-7 inches.
- Now cut the rolled base in fine (less than 1/2 inch)vertical strips. Now cut it horizantaly.
rolled ball verticaly cut namakpare
- you can either make rectangular or diagonal pieces.
after horizantaly cutting ready to fry namakpare
- Deep fry the pieces on the medium to low heat, till they are pink in colour . (takes about 10 minutes)
just after putting in the hot oil namakpare after 7 minutes of frying
- Take out the namakpare and drain to the kitchen paper. Allow them to cool.
- Namakpare can be stored in the air tight container for a month.
Serve anytime with tea. Namakpare can be used as trhe crispies in bhailpoori also.
Add half of the wheat flour in the all purpose flour to make it healthier.