Moong Sprouts Salad
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Sprouts are germinated seeds. Sprouts are tremendous source of digestive enzymes; they are also rich in amino acids, vitamins, proteins etc. They can be easily made at home....
Moong beans ½ cup
Cucumber 1 medium
- Boiled potato 1
- Tomato 1 medium
- Green chili 1
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- salt 1 tsp or according to taste
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
Chopped onions can be added if you like.
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak the whole moong beans overnight in two cups of water.
To make sprouts
- Remove the water from the soaked moong beans, and keep them in the warm place in a covered container for a day. Moong beans start germinating very quickly, and you will notice small sprouts germinate in couple of hours.If you want longer sprouts keep them for longer time period( may be one/ two days depending on the weather). Do not forget to wash the seeds twice a day to avoid any infection.
Tip : In winters, keep the containers close to heating duct or radiator.
- Wash, peel off and chop the cucumber finely. Wash and chop tomato finely. Peel off boiled potato and chop finely.
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chili.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Moong sprout salad is ready to serve.
This salad can be served in the morning breakfast, with the meals or in between the meals.