Moong Dal Cheela
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cheela is a Hindia word for fine pan cakes made with lentils or with flours. This dish can be served for the breakfast or even as a brunch.Moong dal cheela can also be sent in the school lunch boxes.
- Monng dal 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Green chili 2
- Chopped coriander leaves 3 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Clean,wash and soak the moong dal for around 4-5 hours in 2 cups of water.
- Remove the stem of the green chilies, wash and chop them finely.
- Make a fine paste of soaked moong dal in the blender. Add salt and chooped coriander leaves and chili.
- Heat the griddle(flat tawa), take half bowl of dal paste and spread it into a circle of around 7 inch diameter.
- Sprinkle a little oil, and cook it from both sides.
Serve hot cheela with chutney of your choice.
Variations :Chopped onions can be added to make onion cheela. You can also add other flavors such as bell pepper (capsicum) or tomatoes, or boiled potatoes!