Meethi Seviyan (sweet vermicelli preparation) is a very delicious and quick dessert. Seviyan (vermicelli) is an Urdu word. In Indian cuisine it has come from Mughal period. For this recipe Seviyan are made in milk with dry fruits.
- Milk 3 cups
- Seviyan(Vermicelli) 1 cup, broken
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Assorted nuts ¼ cup
- Green cardamom 4
Method of preparation
- Thinly slice the nuts.
- Remove the green skin of the cardamoms and grind the seeds.
- Break the vermicelli into about 3 inch long pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat, and roast the vermicelli on medium heat (takes 3-4 minutes). Vermicelli will look like the picture below.
- Boil milk in a separate pan. After the first boil reduce the heat and let milk boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add vermicelli in the milk, reduce the heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add sliced nuts and sugar, mix well and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat. Add ground cardamom.
- Seviyan is ready. You can serve hot or cold seviyan as per taste.
Traditional seviyan are ready to serve.
More recipes of the same category
Muzaffar (Meethi Sookhi Seviyan )