इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Mathris are very famous North Indian snacks.The good thing about mathris is that they can be stored in air tight containers for a month or even longer. This is a good finger snack for parties or for evening tea.
- Refined flour 1 cup
- Semolina ½ cup
- Wheat flour ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil /ghee 4 tbsp for dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for dough around ¾ cup
Mathri with lemon pickle
Method of preparation
- Combine the refined flour, wheat flour , semolina, oil/ ghee , salt and ajwain. Mix them well and rub between the hands.
- Add little water(it will take around ¾ cup of water )at a time and knead the stiff dough. Cover the dough with the damp cloth and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 26 small rounds. Make them smooth and press them between the palms.
- Roll them into semi thick rounds of 2 inches.
- Poke the rolled balls well from both the sides.(as shown in the picture )
- Heat oil in a wok on medium- low heat. Now pour some mathri in oil gently.
- Deep fry the Mathris on the medium to low flame till they are pink in colour . (takes about 12-15 minutes).
- Take out the mathris and drain to the kitchen absorbent paper. Allow them to cool, and then you can store them in an air tight container.
Serve anytime with tea. Mathris can also be used as the papris for papri chaat.