इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Kachauri's are traditional stuffed and fried Indian breads, prepared for festivals and parties. There are various kind of kachauris made all over India. While dal(lentil) ki kchauri is typical north Indian delicacy, matar(green peas) ki kachauri is popular in Bengal. Aloo(potato) ki Kacuri, Bathue (a green leafy veg) ki kachuri and Palak (Spinach) ki kachuris are some other varieties of Kachauris.
Ingredients for stuffing
- Urad dal ¼ cup
- Ginger ½ inch
- Green chili 1
- Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
- Asafotedia a pinch
- Fenugreek powder ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Ground Fennel 2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
Ingredients for dough
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Water about ½ cup to make dough
- Oil 1 tbsp+ for deep frying
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the urad dal. Soak the dal in 2 cups of water for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the stem of green chili and wash it. Peel off ginger,wash and cut roughly.
- Remove the water of the soaked dal and grind the dal with ginger and green chili.If possible do not use water and make coarse paste of dal.
- In a non stick wok heat oil add cumin seeds,when seeds crackle add asafoetida powder and fenugreek powder . Now add grinded dal and and all other spices except salt. Stir continuously and fry well for 8-10 minutes on medium heat. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Add salt in the fried dal when it is lukewarm.
- Take flour, salt and, 1 tbsp oil mix them well .Add little water at a time and make a soft dough. Cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make 16 small rounds of the dough. Press the balls with the fingers fill 1 spoon of the stuffing and close the balls . Now roll the balls gently with the help of little oil.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the kachuri on the medium heat till golden red. Take them out onto kitchen paper.
Serve hot Kachauri's with Aloo tamatar ka rasa and khatta meetha kaddu or the vegetables of your taste.
Some other Indian Breads recipe