हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Gajar Methi (Carrots and fenugreek veggie)
Methi (fenugreek) leaves are mildly bitter in taste but have significant medicinal values. Carrots (gajar) are rich in Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. Gajar and Methi ki sabji (cooked carrot and methi) is a very easy to make veggie preparation that tastes awesome and is highly nutritious. This light and healthy vegetable preparation goes very well with roti and plain paratha. It can also be served with dal and rice. A very nutritious option for diabetics as well....
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 bunch methi( fenugreek leaves)
- ½ pound/ 250 gms carrots
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 pinces asafoetida
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
Method of preparation:
- Remove the thick stems of methi leaves. Wash the leaves thoroughly and leave them on the strainer for 5 minutes to remove extra water.
- Finely chop the methi leaves.
- Peel, wash, and dice the carrots.
- In a wok heat oil on medium heat . Add cumin seeds; when seeds crackle add asafoetida. Add chopped green chilies and grated ginger. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped methi leaves. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add diced carrots. Mix well and fry for a minute with methi leaves.
- Add salt, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix well. Now cover the lid and cook until carrots are tender. (takes around 5 minutes).
- Add garam masala, and amchoor powder. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat. Gajar Methi ki sabji is ready.
- Serve Gajar-Methi with plain paratha.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also add some green peas in this veggie preparation.
Some Other Methi delicacies