हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Fajita is one of the most popular Mexican dishes. Fajitas are usually meat based dishes but here we will be making a vegetarian version of Fajita. For this dish, we have marinated the assorted vegetables, and then grilled/stir fried them. Fajitas can be served with tortillas (flour/corn), sour cream, cheese, tomato/lettuce, salsa, guacamole, etc….This is a very healthy preparation and is also quick to make..
Ingredients to make Fajita
- 1 big yellow onion
- 1 big green bell peppers (capscium)
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3-4 tbsp chooped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Oil 2 tbsp
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp roasted and ground cumin
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp / to taste ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- Corn Salsa/ Mango salsa( to taste)
- Guacamole (to taste)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Avocado thinly sliced(optional)
- Tomato wedges (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Peel wash, and slice onions.
- Wash and remove stem and seeds of bell pepper and thinly slice it.
- Peel, wash, and thinly slice the carrots.
- In a glass bowl mix lemon juice, oregano, cumin, red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt.
- Pour the marinade on carrots, broccoli and bell pepper. Coat the veggies well with the marinade. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet/wok. Add sliced onions and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the marinated veggies and stir fry for 5-6 minutes. You can also grill these veggies.
- Adjust the seasoning. Garnish with Cilantro. Fajita is ready.
- Warm up the tortillas. Tortillas can be bought in store. The totillas shown in the picture are home-made, made with wheat flour. Instead of tortillas, you can also use rotis.
- Serving suggestion for kids - it is better to put the fajita in the center of the tortillas and top it with their favorite salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or whatever they like.
- Close it and make a wrap. Fajita is ready to serve for kids.
- Fajita serving suggestion for adults- You can serve fajita veggies in a heated cast iron pan. Serve tortillas, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, avocado etc separately.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also make sizzler fajita. For that heat up the cast iron sizzler pan well.
- Keep all the accompaniments ready to serve.
- Mix 1 tsp water and 1 tsp oil in a bowl. Set the hot cast iron pan on the wodden base. Transfer the grilled/ stir fried vegetables on the cast iron pan. Sprinkle the oil-water mixture from the side of the pan. Sizzling will start. Serve immediately.