इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Vadas are deep fried balls of lentil paste. In dahi (curd/yogurt) vada, fried lentil balls are soaked in the warm water to remove the oil. Then they are soaked in dahi (curd) for 3-4 hours so the vadas absorb the dahi . It is a delicious and healthy chaat item. This can be served with main course too.
- Urad dal ½ cup
- Moong dal ½ cup
- Finely chopped ginger 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Chopped green chili 1
- Raisins 2 tsp
- Cashew nuts 2 tbsp
- Chiraunji 1 tbsp
- Yogurt (Dahi) 750 gms
- Milk ½ cup
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Oil to deep fry
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the lentils. Soak the lentils in 3 cups of water for about 4 hours.
- Clean and wash the raisins, cut the cashew nuts into small pieces.
- Grind the lentils in the grinder with little water.
- Beat the batter thoroughly till it becomes light. Now add chopped green chilies, grated ginger, chopped coriander leaves, raisins, chiraunji and diced cashew nuts. Mix in well the batter.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium to high heat. Pour about 1 table spoon of the lentil batter in the oil at a time, to make vadas. Deep fry the vadas on medium to high heat (takes about 7-8 mins).
- Take out the vadas on the kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Soak the vadas in lukewarm water ( add 1 tea spoon salt) for 10 minutes.Take out the vadas from the water by pressing gently between your palms. Keep aside.
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl. Add milk and and little salt, soak the squeezed vadas in this yogurt for about two- three hours. Vadas should be dipped in the yogurt completely.
At the time of serving, garnish the vadas with roasted and grounded cumin, red chili powder and chopped coriander leaves.
Pour some tamarind chutney on top of the Dahi Vadas.
About the Recipe- Once I had invited some friends and all set to make Dahi ki ghujhiya but somehow I was not getting time to make ghujhiyas (as it is really time taking). I mixed all the ingredients of the filling of ghujhiya in the lentil batter and made the vadas. That evening everyone loved the vadas and asked me how did I make them . Now I always make my dahi vadas like this.I hope you enjoy this recipe !