हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Crêpe is a French word, meaning pan cake. However French Crêpes are very thin pancakes. The batter is made with all-purpose flour, milk, butter, eggs, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Crêpes are cooked and served with plenty of things like, sugar, chocolate syrup, jam, honey, maple syrup etc….We will be making eggless crêpes. Hope you like them. Please do share your comments!..
(makes 12, 6 inches Crêpes )
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
To serve (Optionals)
- Ground sugar
- Nutella (Chocolate spread)
- Jam of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruits
Method of preparation:
- In a bowl mix water, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl sift flour, sugar, and salt. Mix flour mixture into milk little by little. Mix well.
- You can either mix the ingredients manually by using a hand whisker or can combine them in the blender.
- Keep the batter in the fridge for about an hour to rest.
- Heat a 6 inch non stick pan over medium heat. Pour about 1 ladle of batter. Hold the handle of the pan and quickly move it so batter gets spread evenly. Make sure that the crêpe should be absolutely thin. Use just enough batter to coat the pan in a thin layer. (Traditionally, in France, a wooden spreader is used to spread the batter on the pan)
- When you see the brown edges flip the crêpe with the help of a spatula. I rather prefer to flip it with my fingers.
- Cook from the other side until it gets red spots..
- Remove the crêpe to the plate.
- Make all the crêpes by using the same method.
- Delicious crêpe is ready. Top it with your favorite topping, or just sprinkle sugar, and serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
Some Other Delicious Desserts>