इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Chili paneer is an Indo Chinese dish. As the name shows this is a hot dish made with paneer, bell pepper (capscium), onions, and a lots of green chilies.. Chili paneer is one of the most famous Indo Chinese dish and since it so popular in North India; in most of the restaurant chili paneer is in the menu under paneer dishes and even served with butter naan. There are so many different recipes to make Chili Paneer and this is my favorite one... hope you like this.
Indian cottage cheese (Paneer ) 200 gms
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Green chilies 7-8
Ginger chili paste 1 tbsp
Onion 1 medium
Bell pepper (capsicum) 2 medium
Salt 1 tsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
White vinegar 1 tsp
Oil 1 ½ tbsp + to deep fry
Method of preparation
Cut paneer into one inch cubes.
- Peel off, and wash the onion. Now cut the onion into an inch square piece, as shown in the picture.
- Remove the stem, wash and split the green chilies.
- Wash the bell pepper (capsicum), cut into halves, remove the seeds and then cut the bell pepper into squares like onion.
paneer cubes diced onions and bell pepper
Mix all purpose flour and corn starch together.
- Heat oil in a wok; roll the paneer pieces in the corn starch and flour mixture and deep fry on medium heat until paneer is reddish brown. It takes about 5-6 minutes to fry each round of paneer. Drain onto kitchen paper.
paneer frying paneer frying after 3 mins
- Now remove the extra oil from the wok and leave about one and half tbsp oil. Add ginger chili paste and fry for few seconds.
- Add onions and stir fry for a minute
- Add bell pepper (capsicum) and green chilies and fry for couple of minutes.
onion and bell pepper frying
- Now add fried paneer, salt, soya sauce, and tomato ketchup. Mix well all the ingredients. Stir for couple of minutes. Add white vinegar. Chili paneer is ready.
Deliciuous Chili paneer is ready to serve.
If you eat garlic, add in garlic first , before frying the onions.
For deep frying, I avoid filling the wok with oil as repeated use of fried oil is unhealthy.
Some Other Paneer Preparations
Some Other Chinese Recipes